Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with psoriatic arthritis
  • Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic?
 Back
Living with psoriatic arthritis

Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic?

  •  20 views
  •  0 support
  •  4 comments

avatar 2Naybleysh

2Naybleysh

04/15/2020 at 6:58 PM

avatar 2Naybleysh

2Naybleysh

Last activity on 06/08/2023 at 12:38 PM

Joined in 2018


10 comments posted | 6 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group


Rewards

  • Messenger

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I saw the discussion on methotrexate and the coronavirus, but as I'm not on that I thought I would create this one. :) How are you all holding up?

I had a bad respiratory infection in January that I've been trying to recover from so they took me off my biologic and put me on antibiotics. It's been hell without my medication but I'm struggling through and social distancing. I was supposed to see my doctor a few weeks ago ago but the appointment got cancelled.

Have you all been in touch with your doctor? Have any tips for dealing with all this?

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

avatar Koobreybir7

Koobreybir7

05/06/2020 at 9:49 PM

Good advisor

avatar Koobreybir7

Koobreybir7

Last activity on 07/23/2020 at 5:50 PM

Joined in 2018


20 comments posted | 8 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@2Naybleysh Hi, wow I'm sorry they took you off your meds, that must be hard! Personally I just trying to stay positive. I put happy tunes on and just move around just to keep my joints moving. I started a jigsaw as well. And word search books to keep my mind going. I try to take each day as it comes. I guess for you, maybe try to really focus on your triggers? Try to keep your stress down and try to focus an anti-inflammatory diet. Have you been able to get through your doctor? Maybe he or she can write you a script over the phone so you can get back on your medications?

Stay safe!

 


Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-psoriasis/psoriatic-arthritis-and-the-coronavirus-how-ar-1799 2020-05-06 21:49:01

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
05/06/2020 at 9:56 PM

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM

Joined in 2020


1,334 comments posted | 15 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group

6 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@2Naybleysh @Koobreybir7 Hello, thank you for participating in the discussion! Let me tag some members who may have not seen this discussion and may be able to share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing during the lockdown? Have you had any specific guidance from your doctor? What are you doing to stay busy? Have you noticed any changes in your symptoms since the lockdown has started? Feel free to share here!

@24Faymeeplun‍ @Hidden username‍ @Blucroalet‍ @Breyplootraick4‍ @Kukadoush‍ @Bleeheetul897‍ @52Jeablugri‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Groblish86‍ @Hidden username‍ @Drokookous244‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US


Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-psoriasis/psoriatic-arthritis-and-the-coronavirus-how-ar-1799 2020-05-06 21:56:02

avatar Dokosoat5

Dokosoat5

05/14/2020 at 5:54 PM

Good advisor

avatar Dokosoat5

Dokosoat5

Last activity on 01/20/2022 at 2:49 PM

Joined in 2018


31 comments posted | 12 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Courtney_J Hi, right now everything is doing ok for me. I'm keeping my self busy and trying to keep my spirits up. I've been having a little pain but nothing to worry about really. I think in normal times I would take the time to call my doctor but right now everything is still so complicated and stressful that I don't want to bother him with something that's not life-ending. 

My state is slowly starting to open things up again but I think I'll try to stay home a bit longer just in case. I've got my family around to help me so I'm lucky in that sense. Hope everyone is ok and staying safe!

 


Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-psoriasis/psoriatic-arthritis-and-the-coronavirus-how-ar-1799 2020-05-14 17:54:53
avatar exit

Unregistered member

05/28/2020 at 3:48 PM

I am doing ok but eating too much junk so back to a good inflammation reducing diet for me. I just had arthroscopic surgery on my knee two weeks ago so not ready for exercise yet. My rheumatologist told me during a telehealth visit that he did not want me traveling with my job or on planes for a long time. I’m good with that and so is my employer. Enjoying my time at home and not running the roads like I used to. I have had a few flare ups but focusing on positive things and trying to stay as healthy as possible. The hubs is doing all of the grocery shopping and errands. I haven’t been anywhere but to doc and to get surgery since March.


Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-psoriasis/psoriatic-arthritis-and-the-coronavirus-how-ar-1799 2020-05-28 15:48:57

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

08/29/2026 | News

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.