- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Living with cancer
- Where is all the help offered in the beginning
Where is all the help offered in the beginning
- 57 views
- 1 support
- 3 comments
All comments
4692Blabrebeyck
4692Blabrebeyck
Last activity on 08/23/2018 at 6:29 PM
Joined in 2018
4 comments posted | 2 in the Living with cancer group
Rewards
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Yes after 4 years of this I have noticed the help or offer of help declined after 6 months.
See the signature
Ann Estrada
Dreesoakeyl74
Dreesoakeyl74
Last activity on 02/20/2021 at 9:06 PM
Joined in 2018
10 comments posted | 6 in the Living with cancer group
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
-
Friend
-
Newsfeeder
I was upbeat, cheerful and positive when I first got diagnosed. I didn’t complain much post lumpectomy and thru radiation. Nobody sent a card, flowers, food, phone call or even a text. Nobody has asked me how I’m doing. It seems if I didn’t lose my hair or complain it was easy. I’m struggling emotionally, it’s been a hard 7 months I’m still sore and constantly on the verge of tears. But, I look damn good having lost 15 lbs.
4577Thaicin
Good advisor
4577Thaicin
Last activity on 10/18/2022 at 2:56 PM
Joined in 2018
55 comments posted | 29 in the Living with cancer group
3 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Dreesoakeyl74 enjoy the one pro - the weight loss.
Try to stay cheerful. How are your treatments going?
DId you tell anyone about your diagnosis or did you try and keep it a secret? I have heard of those who tried keeping it a secret, but if you have a supportive family and friends, I Think letting the know is best.
Seek a counselor if you can or confide in someone you love. I always confided in my mother.
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
0Mougoathikou
0Mougoathikou
Last activity on 05/12/2021 at 5:47 AM
Joined in 2018
3 comments posted | 3 in the Living with cancer group
Rewards
Explorer
When people first find out you have cancer, they offer help. You don’t need it in the beginning so you turn them down. Then when you get more into your treatments and the hash reality sets in, you wonder where all the help went? People stop offering.