- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Living with cancer
- Does the fear of cancer coming back ever go away?
Does the fear of cancer coming back ever go away?
- 66 views
- 5 times supported
- 7 comments
All comments
9109Flaidreyblet
Good advisor
9109Flaidreyblet
Last activity on 11/10/2023 at 10:15 AM
Joined in 2023
1 comment posted | 1 in the Living with cancer group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Explorer
h ! I’m very new diagnosed in Sept 2023. I start Chemo this coming Wednesday. Then ful left lung removal in January…the subject I chose is because my Oncologist said my cancer is “curable”. I want to know what exactly does that mean ? I’m on other support sites and it seems “curable” has many meanings !
thank you !!
Dawn Renee
Close all
See the responses
Chealait
Chealait
Last activity on 12/18/2023 at 8:00 AM
Joined in 2019
10 comments posted | 5 in the Living with cancer group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@9109Flaidreyblet How is your chemo going?
Hide the responses
Chealait
Chealait
Last activity on 12/18/2023 at 8:00 AM
Joined in 2019
10 comments posted | 5 in the Living with cancer group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
Its been 4 years I STILL think about this.
I dont cope- just push the thoughts aside, but they always pop back in, Part of my life now. On a day to day basis, I feel less "Doom" than before.
Fresheyblat41
Good advisor
Fresheyblat41
Last activity on 06/17/2024 at 7:57 PM
Joined in 2023
13 comments posted | 5 in the Living with cancer group
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
-
Newsfeeder
for me there fear of cancer never did go away! Every single scan I was praying and fearful too…. Trying to have faith and believe it wouldn’t but deep down always felt like it would! And it has… but I can’t give up! I have too much to live for… Five amazing children and 10 amazing grandchildren with one more on the way!!! But I had a horrible reaction to chemo yesterday. It was like an allergic reaction even though I’ve been on the same chemo many times.! it was so very scary! my throat felt like it was closing up, I started itching all over, extremely intensely, and my chest started turning really red….. it was just very very scary!!! But I have an amazing place I go, and the nurses were on top of it and immediately started the counteracting drugs to stop the affects THANKFULLY!!! Now I’m terrified of the next time! One thing I have learned through all 🙏🏼My Cancer Journey🙏🏼 since 2018 is to expect the unexpected and take it a step at a time a day at a time with lots of prayer and lots of faith!!!
would love to hear everyone’s thoughts about this! Thanks! Keisha God bless you ALL!
See the signature
Be blessed, Keisha S
Close all
See the responses
Dynamo85
Dynamo85
Last activity on 12/12/2024 at 4:12 AM
Joined in 2023
7 comments posted | 7 in the Living with cancer group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
@Fresheyblat41 allergic reactions happen at almost every chemo day. It scares me. It just seems like it happens just randomly to everyone. I would talk to the nurse before your next treatment and tell them about your fears. It's terrifying. God bless you
Hide the responses
Squirrel1159
Good advisor
Squirrel1159
Last activity on 01/26/2026 at 2:42 PM
Joined in 2021
9 comments posted | 9 in the Living with cancer group
4 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
It never goes away
Squirrel1159
Good advisor
Squirrel1159
Last activity on 01/26/2026 at 2:42 PM
Joined in 2021
9 comments posted | 9 in the Living with cancer group
4 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
Yes but I don’t dwell on it
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Woplee284
Good advisor
Woplee284
Last activity on 04/21/2024 at 8:17 PM
Joined in 2022
603 comments posted | 30 in the Living with cancer group
24 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hello everyone,
How are you doing today?
What about for you,
Does the fear of cancer coming back ever go away?
How do you cope? Who do you turn to?
Let's share!
Take care,
Lizzi from the Carenity team