- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Good to know
- Proteinmaxxing: Do we really need high-protein everything?
Proteinmaxxing: Do we really need high-protein everything?
- 4 views
- 0 support
- 1 comment
All comments
Jouclick890
Jouclick890
Last activity on 10/10/2026 at 3:53 PM
Joined in 2026
Patient, Chronic pain since 2026
Other conditions: Lymphodema, Lipedema
1 comment posted | 1 in the Good to know group
Rewards
-
Explorer
I really enjoyed reading this post. It is a great question, because you are so correct protein has become the new trend. However you want to know why I think protein is the new trend? Because peptides and GLPs are also the most popular thing going on right now. An what is the best thing to pair with your peptides and GLPs???? Yep, you guessed it- PROTEIN!!!! I do intentionally try to eat more protein but not anything crazy. I buy those atkins meal replacement shakes which focus on protein and nutrients. However, i am also a person who takes peptides and I have been on a GLP for 2 and a half years. So that is why I can confidently say why I believe protein is the new trend. An people are buying into it at high rates BECAUSE a lot of people truly need a protein increase for their weight loss. However, because of the hype in protein people who really dont need the extra protein are focusing on it as well and unintentionally putting on some extra pounds without even realizing that they dont need to buy into this. Sure, protein is important but if you dont understand how much protein you need for your body weight and lifestyle you could be doing more harm then good because let's face it who wants to gain weight?
Do protein rich foods influence what i buy? Not typically. Aside from the meal replacement shakes that I take daily I choose to get my protein from my food intake. Being on a weight loss journey I became more intentional on what I put in my body and lost 95lbs. I been maintaining my goal weight successfully for 7 months now.
To conclude, protein has helped sustain me while being on a calorie deficit. However once again let me reinforce the fact that to much protein will make you gain weight if you arent using it properly. Dont let these trends full you though because your lifestyle is what determines how much protein you need not these protein promosing products.
With care, best regards.
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Razar.M
Community managerRazar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 10/08/2026 at 3:39 PM
Joined in 2026
52 comments posted | 13 in the Good to know group
Rewards
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Hi everyone 👋
Protein seems to be everywhere right now.
Protein coffee. Protein cereal. Protein chips. Protein pasta. Protein bars. Even ordinary foods are increasingly being marketed as “high protein.”
Online, you may have come across the term “proteinmaxxing”, which generally refers to trying to increase protein intake throughout the day.
Protein is important for maintaining muscle and supporting many functions in the body.
But seeing “high protein” written on a package does not automatically mean a food is healthier overall, and many of us may not actually know how much protein we need.
It also raises an interesting question: are people choosing these foods because they genuinely help them, or because protein has become one of the biggest wellness marketing trends?
💬 What do you think?
@Steboopleeng225 @Touhaifloash58 @Ceajoonaysh2263 @Hidden username. @Vefaimus133 @Blugrecer105 @6Deadros @Tootreyblaing7151 @Chaifruces5 @Deedreflain720 @3Rousheadush @650Negaish @Seesheack36 @313Brougregronees @Crayclayper4425 @Tricley816 @4Blaytoneseyng @Pichaivadrool2383 @Froopri104 @8Chekaish @Feriwock3633 @Blaiweydoush22 @Sojeng5585 @Kayplaytroos44 @Brepleytoajung63 @Haiyouplesh3 @4952Dousteyn @Teatoor59 @Treedrikeesh798 @Soucroosh121 @Groofroosichoat2858 @93Floujeas @Pracluyeat8 @Chougroofreel831 @Waihooglan5385 @Plutheybreehun787 @Crefretruveys @Yojoong0058 @Yeeleafol3 @Droogruvayng94 @746Teajaytayt @Blaygrubreesh264 @Keechudreyfish43 @Blearefrou77 @Steyheanaysh60 @Bayshore632 @Cheeseageyn37 @Proadrool631 @Watreat88 @7003Sheykir @80Stoteang @Preayashusheel5232 @1Keythoateyweal @Meeflocreyng1501 @899Ploovewosh @Broatrusung6133 @Peejaysehoun28 @Dootreygeplus9 @Hodeng7360 @Shefleang1 @Wougraick021 @Prouweysh346 @Crooyaitran86 @Clooloaproar65 @301Grocrur @537Droatreefroojayck @Foprong19 @Stapedrir1 @Pomeabejar4 @Moatren896 @Teatee2981 @Suboabit8590 @Bleyroal7 @Bloufun04 @Draigack241 @Naiproglaysh6116 @00Gloobralaybroar @065Loasheali @Mouvoang494 @477Loubouck @6Vooprai @735Thoaler @28Frayneatruthous @Fleecreang860 @Geycreehoash007 @Woudeaho @Glaybouclis7 @Plaibroureck60 @Fliblaicoan062 @8Reetrayng @Cooshublayng7 @Stemohil0854 @Fleecifraing310 @Chotecreyl425 @Raikoothees8 @31Yaiheypoatrut @Deyyistumol16 @0094Sooblashaydayr @Jouclick890
We’d love to hear what you think and if you have a simple protein-rich food you genuinely enjoy, share it with the community too. 👇
With care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖