Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses
  • Really struggling with my medications right now
 Back
Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses

Really struggling with my medications right now

  •  56 views
  •  2 times supported
  •  6 comments

avatar DawnKoch

DawnKoch

06/07/2021 at 9:01 PM

avatar DawnKoch

DawnKoch

Last activity on 02/05/2022 at 11:02 PM

Joined in 2021


1 comment posted | 1 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

I am currently experiencing extreme anxiety and irritably.. I am currently in a manic episode and am having trouble sleeping at night. I am trying to quit smoking along with a medication change. My doctor is currently trying to ween me off of Xanax. Praise God. I hate that drug!! My aunt has died of lung cancer and need to attend her memorial service and it is activating my PTSD.... under these extreme circumstances... I am having a incredibly hard time.... I am crying.... but sometimes laughing and having fun with my friends and some family. I have contacted my doctor and therapist to inform them of the situation... they are adjusting my meds accordingly.   My Name is Dawn... please pray for me and all will be fine. 

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

avatar pritchett93

pritchett93

06/08/2021 at 4:34 AM

avatar pritchett93

pritchett93

Last activity on 01/03/2025 at 3:53 AM

Joined in 2021


1 comment posted | 1 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Help me with anxiety 


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2021-06-08 04:34:50

Close all 

See the responses 

avatar MichelleStack

MichelleStack

11/19/2022 at 2:59 PM

avatar MichelleStack

MichelleStack

Last activity on 10/06/2021 at 4:28 PM

Joined in 2020


14 comments posted | 2 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@pritchett93

Have you tried Buspar and/or therapy?

It worked for me.


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2022-11-19 14:59:17

Hide the responses 

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
06/08/2021 at 6:43 PM

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM

Joined in 2020


1,334 comments posted | 134 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group

6 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@DawnKoch‍ ‍Hi Dawn, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but it's good to know that your doctors are aware and are there to help you. Going through grief, quitting smoking, and changing medications can really take a toll on your mental health.

Hi everyone, how are you today? Has anyone else ever had a hard time adjusting or changing medications? If so, how did you get through it? Can you share any advice or support?
@Melindaanne1315‍ @BillSand‍ @Becky03‍ @Melgbennett‍ @Amulya136‍ @TarellD‍ @Nick12‍ @mj1191989‍ @Metaphor‍ @Lauren19‍ @KJSprite‍ @Vdksutton‍ @Juicy123‍ @domesticgoddezz‍ @Hollywood8084‍ @Lornapepper‍ @vampire21‍ @Michi1205‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2021-06-08 18:43:31

avatar butterfly77

butterfly77

06/09/2021 at 7:37 AM

avatar butterfly77

butterfly77

Last activity on 05/12/2026 at 12:14 AM

Joined in 2021


3 comments posted | 1 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Yes, my doctor is trying me on some new meds. I am worried because i looked them up on Google and it said it could cause strokes or seizures. I called poison control tonight because I was having a lot of anxiety about that and they said to contact my doctor in the morning but I should be fine. He said that he didn’t think they would prescribe me anything that would hurt me. I went to the hospital last week because I thought I was having possible symptoms of a stroke. They did bloodwork and a CAT scan and said I was fine. Also tonight I felt like I was having rapid heartbeats. I tested my BPM and It said 90 bpm so I guess that is normal. I hate when these doctors try to put you on different drugs not knowing what they can do to you. I was on all kinds of different drugs as a teenager and I was a zombie. They found a miracle drug for me after I have my daughter. It is called Risperdal. I don’t know what I would do without it. Anyway I’m going to contact my doctor in the morning or at least my case manager, and see if I can get off a couple of these meds. Please say a prayer for me that i can get on the right medication.


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2021-06-09 07:37:08

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
06/15/2021 at 10:27 PM

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM

Joined in 2020


1,334 comments posted | 134 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group

6 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@butterfly77 Hello butterfly77, I'm glad you called for help and information when you needed it, doctors could really do a better job informing us about our medicines and the reasons why they're prescribed. Let us know how your talk went with your doctor or case manager! 

Take care,
Courtney

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2021-06-15 22:27:44

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
01/13/2022 at 11:20 AM

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM

Joined in 2020


1,334 comments posted | 134 in the Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses group

6 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hello,
This discussion in Living with anxiety and other mental illnesses has been moved because we think it will elicit more responses from this group: Treatments for anxiety and other mental illnesses.
Have a great day,
Courtney_J from the Carenity Team

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US


Really struggling with my medications right now https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/depression-treatments-and-medicine/anxiety-and-depression-3419 2022-01-13 11:20:26

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

08/29/2026 | News

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

Weight gain without eating more: What's really going on?

08/22/2026 | News

Weight gain without eating more: What's really going on?

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.