Leg pain upon waking up: do you ever experience it?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi all, in the past few weeks I've started having severe pain in my legs every morning when I wake up. It makes it very hard to get out of bed. Have any of you had this happen before? Should I be worried? I haven't been able to get in to see my doctor yet, so I'd appreciated any feedback or advice you all may have! Stay safe!

Beginning of the discussion - 5/27/20

Posted on

@broadwaylady Hello broadwaylady, thank you for starting this discussion. I'm sorry you're going through that! Let me tag some members who may be able to share their advice or experience with you.

Hello all, how are you doing during this difficult time? Have you ever experienced leg pain in the morning upon waking? Do you have any suggestions or advice for broadwaylady? Feel free to share below!

@Mlarso86@Amandan83@PamelaEdwards@Beckbeck@Tculp06@nikki42@dan.varady@marcia55@Candysgirl1!@Phoebe@jenifersoltvedt@Eriewa@Crystalblumke@tinadiane@Dwilliams1.@Nsatiabledd80‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Hello Sis, I’m so glad this was the 1st msg I saw after joining, unfortunately we share this new discovery with our bodies. I’m just now knowing what was the problem & have not been able to really address it as I am in the middle of a treatment & this Covid19 has me in limbo of everything. I was just now able to go to Physical Therapy but having trouble really being pain free all day if it starts off bad. Can I ask what are some helpful hints that maybe u can give me. Hope all is well & take care 

Posted on

I do heel and to lift to stretch my calves and loosen the muscles and squats to loosen my things 

Posted on

I try to do leg stretches before I try to stand

Posted on

@Sugamomma415 @dan.varady @Eriewa Thank you all for responding, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this? Is this just spasticity do you think? I'll work on stretching more I guess. 

Posted on

I also take a prescription pill, AMPYRA , twice a day. Consult your neurologist or Physical Therapy, May also help

Posted on

@dan.varady I try to stretch and do a few exercises in the bed and then just walk it off. Knowing that the pain usually is gone in 10 minutes or so.

Most commented discussions