https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

But now having MS I hate summer and also being in this wheelchair I really hate summer and not being able too do so much that other people can do with out worries of being so hot you can barely move 

Beginning of the discussion - 7/4/19

I loved summer when I was young
Member Carenity
Posted on

i hear you summer is hell for me too now especially nowadays i feel summer is hotter than ever or maybe i never paid attention before when i was younger/before diagnosis but honestly, this year sees brutal and causes so much sadness that i can't do what i used to be able to do.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username you are not alone in this feeling. There are many others who can empathize with you. While, I am not in a wheelchair, I am very sensitive to heat. My family says my house is "cold" but for me it is perfect. 

The heat can cause me to flare up in symptoms. Some years ago, when I would still maintain active, I had to monitor because even an increase in body temperature from exercise, I could feel the exacerbation in my neurologic symptoms.

I used to enjoy hot showers.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ Same here. I can rarely stand the heat most days and tend to stay inside now because of it, which causes me to miss out on a lot and that itself is sad since I am a mom of two wonderful children. I miss out on so much with them during the summer. 

Ms has definetly changed my life.

-Emma