https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

@irishroses35 hi. I completely understand where you are coming from. I’m 46 faithful believer in Jesus and I’m lost. My kids are grown and live in different states than me. None of my family speaks to me. I live in Michigan so we are on another lock down. I’m drinking daily. I fight it daily and lose. Prayers. 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

Tammy, I've never had a drinking problem but I totally understand wanting to escape the pain you feel.  It's almost unbearable at times.

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

Hi Tammy and others, Yes the pain can be unbearable. I had a drinking problem for many years as I was trying to forget how I felt but then afterwards I would of course feel even worse. I have now been sober for about 8 years. I found an online group that had meetings and peer support that was a great help. I take care of a disabled woman who I cannot leave alone so it is hard for me to get out.    I find the pandemic recently has been a help almost as I don't like to socialize when I feel this bad. 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

@momlev4 that’s awesome 8 years. Could you recommend an online support group? There are no gatherings still here in Michigan. 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

@Shaybug326 the uncertainty of things here. I tell myself daily I’m not gonna drink. Then bam some emotion or something happens and yeah 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

@Tammyhickman46 

The online support group I usedto help me stop drinking was called In the Rooms. It is a big group and keeps growing I think because I got on recently to look for help for a family member. I also found a depression support group online that I have had meetings with three times now and have really liked. It is called Livewell. 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

I also feel like God has forgotten me sometimes....why is He not taking this away....why does He even allow this to happen and life to become so difficult. However when I take the time to look back at my other depressions I see that He always helped me get through them and I usually learned from them or changed for the better in some way. 

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

@momlev4 thank you. I will check it out

Feeling lost and lonely

Posted on

Really wish i could help but im feeling the same way and i dont want to feel this way anymore 

Most commented discussions