/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Chronic pain

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi everyone.

Has anyone tried cupping for pain? What was your experience? What is the root cause of your chronic pain?

Would love to hear more. I have tried just about everything except cupping. I have very intense nerve pain and tightness in neck and shoulder, post surgical pain, OA, etc.

Would love to hear from someone. 

Beginning of the discussion - 5/19/19

Has anyone tried cupping?
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

great question @Hidden username‍ - Cupping seems to be gaining a lot of steam in the alternative treatment section for pain, especially for musculoskeletal pain and tissue pain. I am going to tag a some members to see if anyone has any experience to share.

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have tried it for the stiffness in my anterior and posterior shoulder resulting from surgeries and I believe it helped to a certain extent as for as mobility, but to a limit for pain. But I did have more range of motion in my shoulder, which was definitely a pro!

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have never heard of this. Is this supposed to work for RA?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username good question. I researched it... maybe it would for stiffness? But it seems to be used on larger joint areas then the ones RA is affecting for me... it is my hands and feet. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

never tried it but have heard of it.. I am interested for fibromyalgia.