Natural treatments for spasticity

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cerebrovascular-accident.jpg

Patients Cerebrovascular accident

23 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello member,

Let's discuss natural methods to fight against spasticity!

Do you have any experience with natural treatments or techniques for managing/treating spasticity? What was the success? Would you recommend it?

Share and discuss!

Beginning of the discussion - 9/28/19

Posted on

I take Baclofen 20 mg x 4 a day.

Posted on

As for painkillers , ionly take asprin

Posted on

@clearnow03 Me, too!

Posted on

I have severe spasticity on my right side. It affects my gait, my balance, i have little to no use of my right hand, it even affects my speech.i have been taking Baclofen since diagnosis in 2016 and remain on 70 mg per day. I decided to give CBD oil a shot (Hempworx online). The rep said I should take 1/2 to 1 dropper full under tongue and give it 3 weeks to work. I was shocked when I started seeing my hand relax enough to lie flat, and even more shocked that my speech is good enough to make a phone call. Over the last five months the effects have remained ( except the one week I ran out and the effects quickly went away). I am sold on this stuff. But be careful about the brand that you choose. There are a plethora of brands on the market. I recommend a brand that is third party quality tested, regularly. It costs me about 80$ per month. My physiatrist has recommended trying Botox in my arm. I’m giving that a whirl next week. Fingers crossed. 

Posted on
Be careful with the Botox it take along time to leave your system muscle can get to relaxed and cause other problems ask about a nerve blocker not sure of the name but it helped me some best of luck

Posted on

@Lee__R I know of none. 

Posted on

@Lee__R hello

Posted on

The Botox was successful!

Posted on

My son takes Ctfo CBD 10x500. and it helps him quite a bit.