Welcome to the Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke) Community - Introduce yourself

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cerebrovascular-accident.jpg

Patients Cerebrovascular accident

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke) community!

It is not easy to know the path / experience of each member who has experienced a stroke or to know who to reach out to / know who is going through something similar. Trust is essential to be able to talk and share, especially in a community like this.

Therefore. we encourage all members in this group to introduce themselves... Share a little about your story, when did you experience a stroke, how has your recovery experience been, any recommendations, etc. to introduce yourself to the community! 

Beginning of the discussion - 9/29/19

Posted on

I am Jarrod. I had my only stroke 14 months ago... It is still a struggle... I am using a cane for short walks, but really I am still using a walk because I do not have confidence in my balance and endurance. I feel like I had made good progress in the first 8 months but then I have seen my recovery slow... I am worried about how much I still have to recover from.

I hope to hear some motivational stories. Thank you for reading.

Posted on

hi, im helen im 58 and a stroke  survivor, in 2016 i had a massive hemorrhagic stroke followed by 2 brain surgeries;; one corrective surgery and months of hospitalization and rehabfollowed, still im left withgrave disabilities; my leftleg and hand are paralized. ihave tried everything but nothing resly made thedifference i was looking for

my lst failrd attempt was the motus hand mentor device

i tried the fitme and the music glove

i really wish, people were more honest about all thesenew discoveries...why get up the hopes ofanybody just for later being sorely disappointed

anybody has any new ideas oneasing spasticity?

Posted on

Have you tried the Ems unit it send electricity down the nerve pathway to retrain the muscles you can purchase it on Amazon prime or the tens unit does the same thing happy holidays to all 

Posted on

hi i sure have and i call it the torture device

i also did accupuncture-the only result there was pain but absolutely no improvement

and merry christmas, happy and healthy new year

sincerely,

helen izsak/strokesurvivor