Breast Cancer "Fashion" - Do you wear wigs? hats? scarves?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

Posted on

Hey Sue,

I was reviewing your post here and remembered that I felt your same energy when I attended chemo treatments. No kidding,  The first treatment lasted 7 hours as they were testing any reaction to any of the 4 drugs that were injected one at a time. So I spent time doing some yoga standing on the spot (they said I could do whatever pleased me so here we go), going to the bathroom with my little tree of tubes and bag, and playing cards with the only one friend I allowed to come for just one hour.  The other treatments (3 hours each) were spent with some stretching, mostly work on the computer and phone connection with family and friends.

If you have energy, use it all. Do not hold it back.

Posted on

@Hazelio I used to try to do work too when I was in chemo. It brings back almost fond memories! πŸ˜‚

@missshe‍ I just went "au natural" when I lost my hair. I've never been a hat person and I found wigs too itchy. For me it was also kind of a way to embrace what I was going through. Stay strong! 

Posted on

@Hazelio Ooh you've convinced me! I'm going to look around and see if there are any organizations in my area! 

Posted on

Oops I just saw this! I cannot recommend a wig enough! I got mine from Headcovers unlimited and it made me feel so much better about myself. It was a bit pricey because I wanted one that didn't look too synthetic, but I know TLC has some lovely ones that are more affordable. And they're run by the American Cancer Society, so the money  goes to a good place (I hope).

Most commented discussions