Methotrexate and the Coronavirus?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello,

For those like me who take Methotrexate, what do you think about the risk of coronavirus? Methotrexate weakens our defenses and also brings a certain risk to the lungs. Shouldn't my treatment be interrupted until this all passes or at least until the risks become better known?

Thanks in advance

Beginning of the discussion - 4/14/20

Posted on

@ribston1 I'm also a bit concerned because I take it and a biologic. Not taking it isn’t an option as I flare within a few hours of missing it. For me and for all of us I think social distancing is the best defence. It's hard to do when you have family around who are still going out to the store or to work, but gotta try our best.

Stay safe!

Posted on

@ribston1 @Starke I am also on Methotrexate and have been advised by my rheumatologist and her team at the local hospital to continue taking it. The danger is if you stop taking it, have a flare-up and catch the coronavirus, then that is more dangerous because of course your underlying condition has flared. 

Posted on

Hi @Starke‍ & @insaenguihim‍ 

I hope you guys are okay... I did'nt stop Methotrexate but I have to stay at home. And it's really hard on my nerves, how do you cope with stress and self isolation? 

Posted on

Hi all. I’ve been doing a little baking and some light gardening to try to keep myself busy while at home and they're two things I really love to do. Unfortunately the past few days have been really painful with my wrists and knees hurting so much. I don’t take painkillers currently since I take a load of other meds already.

I’m still injecting my methotrexate as per my prescription. Keep calm and carry on, right? This is all really starting to affect my mental health. I hope you are all doing well.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well! If you haven't already seen it, we just published an article on methotrexate covering its forms, doses, side effects, etc! I think it may help answer a few questions you may have. Feel free to take a look at it and share your thoughts in the comments!

Learn More About Methotrexate!

Take care,

Courtney

Most commented discussions