- Home
- Forums
- Skin diseases Forum
- Living with skin conditions
- What activities feel safe when platelets are low?
Patients Skin diseases
What activities feel safe when platelets are low?
- 5 views
- 0 support
- 1 comment
All comments
Craploushaystayr29
Craploushaystayr29
Last activity on 10/06/2026 at 4:04 PM
Joined in 2026
Patient, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura since 2026
Other condition: Breast cancer
1 comment posted | 1 in the Skin diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
For me the biggest change wasn’t giving up exercise completely, but learning to think differently about what “being active” looks like.
I used to feel frustrated when I had to avoid certain things because of my platelet count, especially when I felt perfectly fine physically. Over time, I’ve become more comfortable choosing activities that feel lower risk, like walking, stretching, or doing lighter exercise at home.
What helps me most is not comparing what I can do now with what I used to do before ITP. I still want to stay active, but I also want to feel safe doing it.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Razar.M
Community managerRazar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 10/06/2026 at 3:52 PM
Joined in 2026
44 comments posted | 3 in the Skin diseases Forum
Rewards
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Hi everyone 💜,
Hope you're doing great today.
Living with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) can sometimes make ordinary activities feel more complicated than they used to.
Because ITP causes a low platelet count, people may be more prone to bruising or bleeding. That can naturally raise questions about exercise, sport and even everyday physical activities.
Someone who enjoyed cycling, running, gardening or going to the gym before their diagnosis may suddenly find themselves wondering:
Can I still do this safely? What happens if I fall? Is my platelet count too low today?
The answer is not always the same for everyone. The level of bleeding risk can depend on platelet counts, previous bleeding, treatment and the type of activity. Higher-impact or contact sports may carry more risk of injury, while lower-impact activities may be more suitable for some people.
This can also affect people emotionally. Exercise may have been an important way to relax, socialise or feel independent before ITP entered their lives. Having to reconsider those activities can feel like another thing the condition has taken control of.
💬 For those living with ITP:
@Breefree442 @Lebudrayt9906 @Grupraplor3 @9Futhikun @Feycleash4600 @14Jovothaimayr @6Flusteck @336Pestair @Peagoamush943 @Someydee972 @Neefraycoun @Braykudouck9430 @Baynoocleygrea065 @Waycoal647 @Drinewoproan8388 @Gleepiweer89 @Ceytear759 @Yufleycri60 @Coofaijoan0 @Clouglat0437 @Brufobifous838 @Breclearing628 @Kukadoush46 @3Neyhoagleang @Dreale45 @Pubroyeyck3618 @Broowooplock3023 @Joosapis538 @Clapleajush950 @Caypleerour5 @Croalayl62 @Nayproal50 @Preafroahack4695 @Paibling7 @97Cufreack @42Keathoflukoa @Trevealeer01
Everyone's situation with ITP is different, so medical advice should always be individual.
But from your own experience, how do you balance staying active with feeling safe when living with low platelets?
With care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖