Medications to treat alcohol dependence?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Alcoholism

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi, I was doing some reading and I read that there are a few medicines for alcoholism that are supposed to be pretty effective/helpful (disulfiram, acamprosate, naltrexone...). Has anyone tried any of these? Do they actually help? I'm wondering if that may be a possible option for the person in my life.

Thanks

Beginning of the discussion - 12/16/20

Posted on

@mlop11 Hello mlop11, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possibly weigh in on this.

Hi everyone, how have you been? Have any of you heard of or tried any medications that can help treat alcohol addiction? Did they work for you? If you haven't tried them, is it something you'd be interested in?
@Lostinnj@missylynn@Kwarpenburg@enigmatu@Torrlynn28@DazzleDarkness@Cszilard@uncleanatol@McDermott247@JLoom33@Robreg92@lossforloss@drdr28@Kathall@Turk2020@MARKSHIPLEY‍ 

Feel free to share any thoughts you may have here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

First of all. Id like to change my profile picture. Secondly, ativan has been working for me for some time. Its an addictive drug and dont recommend it. Wellbutrin work for a little as well, that worked for non-smoking as well as not drinking. But you have to be aware of the side effects because I had some nasty dreams and got off of that silly drug as well but it all changes what's who takes it. Everybody is different

Posted on

@Turk2020 Hello Turk2020, thank you for your comment. You can change your profile picture in My Accountemoticon wink