/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Postpartum depression

8 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi ladies,

I have been struggling with depression. Just seems like everything in life is falling down on me and I have been trying to stay afloat. My neuropathic pain from diabetes has been pretty bad lately too, so that is not making it easier.

My mind is consumed with worries and work.

However, my sex drive has been really low. Any help or recommendations?

Beginning of the discussion - 4/18/19

Struggling with depression, sex drive low

Member Carenity
Posted on

I am sorry to hear. Depression definitely wears on our sex drive because we become exhausted from the depressed feelings and worries. Not too mention the pain wears on us also.

Are you able to take time on the weekends to maybe relax and allow your body to rejuvenate? Maybe you are pushing your body to the limit with everything that is wearing on you... Are you getting your sleep?

Also, not sure if you are on any anti-depressants, but some of these can cause issues with sex drive.

Member Carenity
Posted on

my husband is disabled with stroke shronic back pain remission from lung cancer weve had no intimate relations i take care of him 247 hes paralyzed on left side weve been married 51 years were both 72 im depressed alot with mood swings i have no help my kids are grown live nearby but have their own lives need a lot of help out of options

Member Carenity
Posted on

Is sex drive what makes you feel romantic and affectionate? If so mine is very low. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello all, sorry to hear about the struggles that you all are facing..I too suffer from low sex drive, I believe it has alot to do with me being type 2 diabetic and suffering from high glucose levels...I also have sleep issue's and on and off depression..I always feel exhausted and worried...Its an everyday struggle.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username hey friend, I an truly sorry for everyone suffering from depression.  I too suffer from depression because I suffer with Lupus and a meriod of other issues.

My hubby and I lost a son 2 years ago July 1st.  He had to go on antidepressants as it was so hard. He and I are both on them.  I believe that as time goes on, he may be able to go off of them. 

Friend the reason I wanted to speak with you specifically is because I too have a family member that is at this time a parapalegic, They have feeling from just at the nipple line.

This family member was 20 when this tragedy happened.  It was horrible but at the same time they are still here!  

They went through a horrible depression to the point that their Dr had to come to the house in the beginning.  His wonderful Dr. was patient, loving and kind.  He really listened and gave some really good coping skills that were to be used daily.  Eventually they were able to get out and start to put their life together doing it their way.

If I may, have you considered home health care so that you can get some relief and down time?  

I understand the strain of a sudden paralysis a times 2 (stroke), again I am so sorry for the both of you, But maybe we can help. Being as I was a caregiver myself, I may be able to offer some advice if you would like.

Give me shout, If you want to personally message me or talk on the board, what ever makes you the most comfortable.  We also have a stroke section that I think you will find helpful. 

I hope I didn't offend you in any way as I only want healing for you and you hubby.

God bless πŸ™My family member could at times be very difficult because of what they were  going through.  Is it fair, no but I try not to use that word because it doesn't matter.  The truth is it is what it is unfortunately.

Is you hubby getting any kind of therapy? 

What are you doing for your health?

I hope I didn't offend you in any way as I only want healing for you and you hubby.

God bless πŸ™

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hey y'all, okay so to put it all out there, since this is a private site, I have struggled with a low sex drive for years.

I went into menapause at 36 years of age.  Won't huh?  I still have my overies but cannot take any kind of hormones because I have had 2 strokes.

My poor husband is a saint.  He is so understanding.  He has gone to the dr's with me so he knows the deal but I don't think that makes it any better for either of us.

I thought that maybe the meriod of medication I was on had something to do with it.

I went off all my meds and started using CBD products.  Then they legalized medical marijuana so I got my card and am happy to say where the meds (opioids) didn't work, medical marijuana does for me.  Now everyone is different but I also use a product called U-Thrive by a company out in CO.  

U-Thrive contains 3 ingredients broccoli sprout extract, green tea and circumin.  I don't know how or why these 3  ingredients work but for energy and just an over all feeling of wellness it is a keeper!

They also have CBD products and I know first hand this company is the real deal when dealing with a disease.  

I had the pleasure of meeting the CEO and his family and all I can say is you are in good hands. He truly wants to help and has a fascinating story, you should look at the website.

Anyway, I have had to go back on my antidepressant, along with a few other meds but that's ok because even though I hurt and only have 6 spoons in a day, I'm feeling so much better.  I am even getting my sex drive back hallalouia! LOL

For me it took getting off as much meds as I could and use MY CBD, THC, and UThrive to get and keep me going. I also started doing something for me only, 1 hour a day and that has been an unbelievable outlet.

I so hope that each of you can find an answer that works for you.

Trust your gut, you're got this, I hope everyone has a very blessed dayπŸ™.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Wow thank you for all of he input. I;ve heard of CBD oil and medicinal marijuana use but unfortunately it is not legal here (marijuana) where I live. I guess I've also always had the idea in my head that it;s "bad" for you (I grew up in a strict home) so anyways that also kind of affects my interest in it but HEY it's worht a shot right because on here I've been able to read stories and recommendations from real people who truly get what it means to live with an illness and the advice you all give really helps me combat some of the narratives I have. Maybe I will travel someday to see if medicinal marijuana will work for me. I'm going to look into CBD as well. I don't know much about that but I will look it u..... thanks for being so open and honest!

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username hey friend, I'm glad you found this site helpful, as do I. I have been able to really get into being better for me and that is something I struggle with.  I think oh it will all just work out how it's supposed to.  I am an eternal optimist and always will be.  I have a strong faith and that keeps me going.  You will find all kinds of wonderful person on here with various methods that work for them and in time you will find your"sweet spot". I have a wonderful Dr that is supportive of the fact that I want don't want to take man made medication, but that is just my experience.  My quality of life is so much better than it has been in years because of the changes we have made.  Another good example is she put me on the Paleo diet.  Not because I'm overweight but because it is better for my body as the food that is on the diet is nothing processed.  No sugar, salt, milk, cheese anything processed and certain veges are a no no but I can definitely tell a difference in how my joints feel and my back as I have issues with it as well.

Well I hope I have been some help and look forward to hearing from you again soon, just to let me know how y'all are doing πŸ€—.  God bless ya'll πŸ™