Postpartum depression & Anxiety

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Postpartum depression

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello. I  have postpartum depression and anxiety and I'm going through it really bad.  I just had my baby 11 months ago and I love him . But I cry all the time even in the shower.  My fiancé is stuck in another country so he missed the birth and because of  covid he is now missing out on his son thats almost 1yrs old. I'm so tired I have no help really and he doesn't understand.  I try to explain that being a single parent is hard and I'm so tired. And he tells me that I shouldn't think that way and that he is with me always. But he's a million miles away in Another country. He doesn't understand the meaning of postpartum depression. He thinks its something I made up and that I have to be strong and get over it . I don't have anyone to talk to . And I feel like a bad mom because sometimes I regret having a baby with a man thats not in my same country. But I don't regret my son he is my world.  No one seem to care about my feelings and what I'm going through.They think its something that I make myself feel.

Beginning of the discussion - 8/18/20

Posted on

@Lonestar Hello Lonestar, thank you opening this discussion, I've moved it to our Women's Health group for more visibility. I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of that alone. Let me tag some members who can talk about this with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? What was it like going through postpartum depression? Did you feel like others didn't believe or understand your depression? Do you have any advice or words of support to share with  Lonestar?
@singlemother2@dhensley60@TiaC0326@Dashaa@ashleybradford1998@Jennyw2020@Dayrenea@JMOdegard87@Amandapanda1@Cookies@VictoriaLynnMcKenzie@Keionta98@KAYLYCARTER@tsuyoung‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Already having depression before having my daughter the chances of postpartum depression occurring with me were 100% and yes it was horrible. Still don't think I'm really over it.  It's so hard because here you have been blessed with the biggest miracle ever but the things you feel are not at all like that.  Every emotional low is felt and then let's just pile on some guilt for being unable to enjoy your child.  Then comes the resentment because who usually has to stop anything they are enjoying to tend to the kid?  Yep mom.