/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Postpartum depression

10 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello all,

It is a well-known fact that menopause can affect women's lives to different extents, with varying symptoms. 

Common symptoms of menopause are hot flushes, mood changes, vaginal dryness and disrupted sleeping. These symptoms are said to generally last about a year but, as stated above, it can vary from person to person.

Did you experience these symptoms? What other symptoms did you experience?

How long did they last for? What were the severity of your symptoms?

Did you seek out Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT), dietary supplements, etc. or just let time pass?

Let us know in the comments below!

Beginning of the discussion - 11/21/18

Menopause; How Did It Impact You?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I had never made a big deal about my periods, pregnancies or menopause.  However, I’ve been waiting for the night sweats to pass for over a decade! I’m talking soaked to the skin, lake of sweat in the bed night sweats!  So, anyone else out there dealing with permanent symptoms?  Thank God for my sense of humor.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hey @Hidden username‍, I know what you mean! I am in the boat with you as far as just going on with life and not making a big deal of it. My symptoms were mostly fatigue and hot flashes, however I never sweated much. I wonder why you are still sweating so much? Is there a hormonal change that perhaps has been overlook?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I was in the same boat with waking in a lake of sweat. I chose HRT .. I tried stopping and symptoms started plus more .. insomnia, mood swings, and my old friend night sweats. I say quality of life is important to me so I will deal with risks. After ten years I wonder why you choose not to try something?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username you noticed the symptoms stronger with HRT? I noticed a great reduction in symptoms!

Wuality of life is so important.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Well I'm sorta out of the box as I was in full blown menapause  man 36.  I also have an autoimmune disease that gives me night sweats as well. I can't do HRT as I have had 2 strokes.  I had a partial hysterectomy in my later 20's but I'm wondering If it isn't time for the overys to come out as they are starting to hurt like they want to lay an egg!  I told them that department was closed.  Am thinking fibroid cysts again 😐

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ yes wow so young. What autoimmune disease do you have?

So HRT is a not permitted after suffering a stroke? I never knew that.

Please stay strong.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hey Judy349899 I have had Lupus since 1986 but hey I'm still here! Because of the length of time that I have been I'll, my body is having a harder time recovering and is continuing to effect other parts of my body. Not being able to get hormonal help I had to do some research and found that CBD and another product that is actually made up of circumin, broccoli sprout extract and green tea has literally changed my life. Thanks for asking and I hope that I was able to provide some positive information that may be of help.

God bless,

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username what is tht product called? What has it helped with?

I have tried CBD, but no luck for me. Glad it is working for you! Hope you are doing ok.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Hey lady I hope you have been doing well.  The CBD products that I use for from a company called Prana.  They are the real deal.  They test their products for consistency all the way through the process.  I use the daytime drops, the pm drops and another product called UThrive .  It contains broccoli sprout extract, green tea, and circumin.  I swear by these and the U-Thrive, the bomb.  It says it takes about 3 weeks to feel the full effects but after 2 days, I had more energy and was able to focus and just felt like a million bucks.  I have actually had days with no pain which I have not had in years.  Please If you can't do it all, try the U-Thrive, I think all of them would be a great help if you are looking for a more natural way to live.  

Have a blessed evening.  It was good to talk to you my friend, take care till next time. 

God bless 🙏🤗