https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

8 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi

Any hope of finding medicine for lupus as clinic reports ? 

Beginning of the discussion - 11/20/18

Medicine for lupus

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ have you ever tried plaquenil? I was on it for 4 years. I had no obvious side effects until it started to affect my peripheral vision and my opthamologist took me off. It works for many people. Other than that there IVIG, or steroids. That’s all I know about. 

Medicine for lupus
Member Carenity
Posted on

Yes I've been on that medicine now coming to 3 yr's but it has affect my hip joint.I can't walk. My doct5has recommended for hip replacement. 

Medicine for lupus
Member Carenity
Posted on

Wow @Hidden username‍ I have had many steroid infusions and my neurologist was going to do another course for migraine headaches but I refused because I have cataracts and I think it’s from all the steroids. Lately I’ve had leg, back and foot pain ... I wonder if it’s related to steroids or plaquenil ... I do have disc degeneration which might explain the back (but it’s just started) but I’ve also been in numerous car accidents and fallen many many times. 

@Hidden username‍ please let me know what your doctor thinks. Best to you. 

Medicine for lupus
Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Lee

Am totally confused because if I don't take this steroids I worsen.I take 400 gm of plaquenil,20 gms of predisolin ,15 gm if methroxate once a week.

Currently am not taking any medicine on hip joint. Am in pain.my cartilage is gone in my hip joints. 

Medicine for lupus
Member Carenity
Posted on

Any medicine for hip joint?

Medicine for lupus
Member Carenity
Posted on

steroids work to definitely keep down the inflammation but I have also heard it weakens the joints overtime...