https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/lupus.jpg

Patients Lupus

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

Living with a lupus can be demanding as it tends to impact not only one's physical health, but also one's mental and emotional health. It also tends to impact one's social life, as many chronic conditions tend to do.... Dealing with a condition that is not generally known or experienced can increase the challenges and solitude; According to the statistics, only approximately 1.5 million people in the United States (approximately 325 million people) have lupus.

Therefore, it can be very beneficial for individuals diagnosed with lupus to participate in some form of a support group

Besides Carenity, are you part of a support group? If yes, what type of support group? Is it a support group dedicated just to lupus or chronic conditions?

How often do you go? Have you found comfort and support there?

If you are not in a support group, why not?

Please share your story and experiences with one another.

Beginning of the discussion - 3/19/19

Are you part of a support group?
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on
Member Carenity
Posted on
Thanks for the reminder. I just have been incredibly busy with finals and my energy still be kind of limited.
Member Carenity
Posted on

Good afternoon,

I need someone to help me. I have several family members who are dealing with Lupus. So, I decided to do my Dissertation on Lupus and Reducing Healthcare Cost.

I am attaching a Site Agreement Document. 

1. The name of my Study is ReducinG Healthcare Cost by Managing Lupus with Diet and Exercise.

2. The purporse of my study is to collect data on people who has lupus and what they are doing to control it. Whether diet, exercise or both, medication, meditation, etc.

3. I will not use their names, I would use numbers instead. Is it possible to get an email list? I can give them mines. It is brendadworrles@gmail.com