https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

How should I get over depression? Yes a cliche thing to say but I need help.

Beginning of the discussion - 6/9/19

Looking for advice on how to get over depression
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ Welcome to Carenity. I have moved your discussion to the appropriate forum (Treatments for depression) for its topic. I also edited the subject to better describe the discussion so that browsing members will be more aware of its content and the discussion will be better facilitated. - please let me know if you have any questions going forward on how to effectively use Carenity's forums, I am happy to help. You may also check the "How to use Carenity" forum out for more information.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ 

I wish I had the magic solution! I still struggle every day. This forum has been a good resource for me. Many people are very helpful and supportive. @Hidden username‍ is one of the most supportive members I have seen. 

However, for me, I have really been focusing on trying to get myself doing things and recently I had a discussion with myself that I am really going to work and try to change the way I allow my mind to think about things. I am going to try hard to focus on positivity, erase negativity, and begin to get out of my bubble that I am comfortable in. I also take depression medications and anxiety medication. They don't cure my depression, but help me deal with life better, I think.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ ‍ ‍ 

I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling. Getting rid of depression is definitely not an easy task. Its definitely mind over mind. To over come depression is like a war. Fighting against yourself. But the key to start is one step at a time. Start with something small. Write out a list of positive things that you find makes you happy. And a list of positive that’s about yourself. You can always ask a friend to help you if needed. Read the list everyday. Take At least 10min for yourself and listen to classical music or do something that helps you relax. Even a simple goal like getting out of bed is a great goal to overcome. These are just some examples. Forcing positive thinking helps overcome depression. For me I try to focus on others and this helps me get out of my head. Even just laying in the grass watching the sky puts me at ease. I wish I could do more for you. I wish I had the keys to a successful happy life but I don’t. I live by this “take One step at a time. One moment at a time and one day at a time. For everything day, or moment has its own anxieties.” I wish you the best. I believe in you and If you ever need a friend i will always be here for you. I’m just a text away. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ 

Thats is an amazing goal! It’s a great reminder for me to get out of my own head cuz I struggle with it too if negative thoughts at times. If you need a friend I’m always here for you. Keep up the amazing goal and I know you can do it! 🌸❤️

Member Carenity
Posted on

How do you deal with the fatigue and deeper depression that comes with not finding the right medications. I’m almost done with TMS and have tried numerous medications and nothing seems to be working. I don’t have any more strength to go on. Please let me know if anybody out there has any tips for me thanks