https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone,

Depression is no different than the numerous other chronic conditions in that it can affect, in one way or another, relationships.

How does depression affect your relationships?

If you are a partner or a loved one of an individual with depression, how does his/her depression affect the relationship?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/28/19

Depression and Relationships?
Member Carenity
Posted on

This is a great topic. I fear that my depression causes much stress on my relationship. I feel my depression causes me to feel less confident of myself, which in turn makes me feel insecure. I think this also comes with my other conditions, but I am certain that being depressed does not help.

My partner is pretty understanding, but I can imagine it is exhausting for him.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have always struggled with sustaining healthy relationships. my depression takes me to dark places sometimes and it's really hard to let people into my life. I am not in a relationship right now and i don't know when i will find someone ... I hope to find someone who is caring and understanding someday. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 6 months, because she was lying to me and I’m sure she was seeing other people as well. I’ve been depressed ever since. Can’t sleep. Haven’t been hungry, lost 15+ lbs. I don’t want her back or anything like that, but I’m just constantly sad. Sometimes have what I think are panic attacks (rapid breathing. Fast heart beat) I’m tired of it.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username relationships are hard and it is common to face hard times after you break up with a girlfriend or boyfriend. I hope you have gotten better. I know my brother recently went through depression after a break up. It was a few months ago now. He is much better mentally now. I hope you are doing better.