https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

It’s hard to fall asleep. Does anyone have any ideas how to fall asleep quickly 

Beginning of the discussion - 1/10/19

Asleep

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Tiffany.  I suffer from schizophrenia and often hear voices for a good part of the day.  For the most part I am used to this and can tolerate them well enough.  But when I try to sleep I often find that nothing is worse than constantly hearing someone jabber in my ear.  While it may not be for everyone I find that often a six pack of beer before bedtime will help me sleep, although I am certainly not recommending that you take up drinking if you don't already.  But there are alternatives that can help you sleep, for instance try taking a melatonin with a shot of Nyquil.  If that is not helpful you can speak to your doctor about some under the counter alternatives.  Seroquel has helped me in the past.  Good luck and I hope you get your z's

Asleep

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ 

have you tried melatonin? CBD? Kratom (Red Strains)?

I use melatonin and have used kratom red strains, in addition to making sure all the lights are off, I have also fouund that sleep hyponosis Youtube Channels have helped tremendously!

What have you tried?

Asleep
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I am sorry you are struggling with schizophrenia... I can imagine that may be more difficult than just having depression to get a good nights sleep with.

I agree with you that melatonin works, but I would caution the use of nyquil constantly as it is medication and can cause some damage to the liver, etc. with regular use. @Hidden username‍ try the melatonin and getting on a regular sleeping schedule and turning off all the lights - no TV and no cell phone. See if that will help.

If not, then perhaps speaking with a professional for alternative may help.