https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have an old friend who is married with kids, on social media. I never call or text or anything wrong. His wife however does not know me I guess. She yelled at me told to stop liking her husbands post. She came off odd at first pretending to be him. And asking “would u like to go out sometime?” I said “ like a date? no I’m already in a relationship but as friends we can hang out.” She somehow got the impression that I’m riding her man sexually. Which is not true at all. I never even seen him again since highschool. I was so nervous and totally misunderstood that she was saying to F off. I wasn’t sure how to respond and read the comment wrong and took it as him joking and I was just full of anxiety and worry cuz he already knows I’m in a relationship. 

So I sincerely apologize to her and said I didn’t mean any harm by liking her husbands posts. We are just old accociates/ friends from school . Nothing ever happened between us and I told her I’m already in a serious relationship and told her she could check my other profile on Instagram and see I’m telling the truth. I said I was sorry for what ever I did to make her nervous and told her to take care. Honestly why did she get all defensive? I only like 3 posts and she is acting like I want to have sex with him. This has frightened me especially cuz she called me a bitch and and basically a whore. This has made me cry. Why are people so cruel and automatically assume the wrong things. So I am hoping this doesn’t cause any issues with her husband. But for her to think that makes me wonder why she is so jealous over nothing. 

Beginning of the discussion - 1/30/19

Social media me .

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ I just read your posting and I am sorry you have gone through this with this lady. Social media can be so dangerous in so many ways... like people getting the wrong signals or misunderstanding things as one.

I am sure she will bring this up with your friend and maybe he will then reach out to you. If it is still really bothering you,  you can try to get him and her to understand again at that time.

You could also try and reach out to her directly again to try and let her know again.

... but if you had no bad intentions and you know your mind was clean then I would honestly not dwell on her statements to much because you did nothing wrong... he (she) started the conversation... it is not even like you went out of the way trying to contact him... you know? she messaged you.

You also tried to explain and apologize even though liking some friends picture is not even doing anything wrong.

I hope you are doing OK and to try not it let you stress out to much.

Social media me .

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username how are you and with this istuation? Social media tends to cause so many issues with trust unfortunately but I agree you did nothing wrong and hope you do not let her and this get to you. All the best.

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential