https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/crohns-disease.jpg

Patients Crohn's disease

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Some patients with Crohn's recommend medicinal for cramps, back pain, lack of appetite, joint pain, headaches and more. Does anyone have any experiences? If so, from what strand?

Beginning of the discussion - 1/18/19

Medical Marijuana

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ I am sorry you have not received any responses to your question. Many members in the Cancer groups have stated that they have had good results from the use of marijuana for pain, and there are also some members discussing research that says it can help cure the symptoms.

I am tagging some members diagnosed with IBD to hopefully lend some input on their stories/experiences or for them to gain information as well.

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Medical Marijuana

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username‍, @Hidden username‍ posted about his experience with marijuana and how it had helped him tremendously. 

You can read his story here: https://member.carenity.us/forum/your-opinion-on-crohns-disease-treatments/cannabis-saved-my-butt-419?page=1

Medical Marijuana

Member Carenity
Posted on

I went for sativa-biased hybrids mostly.  Like 60-40 ratio, but I can't honestly say I noticed a lot of difference in the effectiveness of any strain over another in terms of cramping & gas.  My preference was mostly due to wanting a clear head to be able to work.  Indicas make me more groggy than sativas.  In general, Sativas = more head activity, thus tend to trigger more anxiety & paranoia, while Indicas = more body relaxation.

Medical Marijuana
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username thank you! I definitely do not need anymore anxiety than I already have so I definitely need to consider an indica