https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello members... the evolution and improvement of treatments, therapies, medications, and tests are often attributed to clinical trials. Breast cancer clinical trials may test the benefits of new treatments, the safety of medications, as well as the efficacy of screening and/or risk factors. They give you access to promising approaches to diagnosis, prevention, and care.

Clinical trials are important and the courage of its participants should be recognized and celebrated.

You can discover breast cancer trials at: BreastCancerTrials.Org, CenterWatch.com, and ClinicalTrials.gov

We would love to begin a discussion and hear from members on their experience with clinical trials... whether you are in the process of starting on a clinical trial, have participated in a clinical trial in the past, or are currently participating in one or are considering doing so... we would love to hear your story and experience.

How did you come to discover the clinical trial?

At what point in your diagnosis did you decide to participate or consider participating in the clinical trial?

What were your thoughts/concerns/etc. prior to starting or considering to start the clinical trial?

How has your experience thus far?

Do you have any advice for others or recommendations?

Share your story with others....

Beginning of the discussion - 2/26/19

Share your clinical-trial experience

Member Carenity
Posted on

Thank you for providing this information. I wonder if there are any clinical trials I would be eligible for... I am going to look into the site provided and discuss with my doctor... I will keep you updated if I find one that I Can partake in.

Share your clinical-trial experience

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username speak to your doctor before signing up with one. Also, look into research / university run hospitals (that are well ranked) near your area and also call to see if they have any such trials. My friend did that and she actually ended up finding a new medical doctor through joining a clinical trial. The drug did not work for her, unfortunately, and it was basically a last resort... but she did really enjoy the doctor.